sub header

These words are my diary screaming out loud

Friday, November 26, 2010

Thirty Days of Truth, Days 29 and (FINALLY) 30

OK, so it only took me about 54 days to do this 30 day challenge... oops! Oh well, it was kinda fun, although I think the questions may have been written by a college kid. Or younger. But it got me moving on the blog again, which I really needed to do. I'm hoping the Reverb10 Challenge is a little more thought-provoking!

Day 29: Something you hope to change about yourself. And why.
Just like almost everyone else out there, I'd really like to change that number when I step on the scale. And preferably make it smaller, thank you very much. Its been a constant struggle for me for years, and I finally succeeded, a few years ago, only to gain it all plus some back with the stress of the impending job loss, job loss, unemployment, job search, financial woes, etc. I swear, stress makes me gain weight no matter how much I watch what I'm eating. I've lost the plus part (although I'm pretty sure I reversed some of that yesterday, oops!) and now its the hard part - getting back off what I lost. Its HARD! But I'm determined to have at least 8-10 of it off before we leave for Florida in just under 4 weeks. I know I can I know I can...

Day 30 → A letter to yourself, tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself
Dear Me,
I'm not gonna lie, I've got it pretty good. Do I wish I was thinner, richer, and had to work less? Of course, who doesn't? But I've got some fantasticness going as well. I'm one of the most loyal people I know. I have mad integrity, excellent work ethic, I'm organized, I can multitask with the best of them, and I would do anything for the people I care about. I have a wonderful family that has always been there for me, a boyfriend that has stuck with me through some ridiculously bad times, and friends all over the country and around the world that keep me on my toes. I've been blessed with a singing voice that has brought entertainment and pleasure to many people, and hopefully more to come. I've got a pretty decent sense of style, and an internal GPS that rivals that of the little Garmin I love so dearly. Even works better in some downtown areas :)  Yup, things are pretty good. I'm becoming more comfortable in my skin as I get older - I really do believe that my 30s are going to blow my 20s out of the water. I'm excited to live it!
Love,
Me

No comments: