sub header

These words are my diary screaming out loud

Sunday, January 01, 2012

Happy New Year!

So 2011 was an alright year. Nothing spectacular, but the first year since 2007 that I was fully employed from January 1st to December 31st with zero breaks. So that definitely puts it on the better than the last few years page. But it wasn't all bad.

This year, I really do want to make some New Year's resolutions that I think I can actually keep. There's the perpetual lose weight, get in better shape, be a better human being, etc. But I want my list to be a little more realistic this year. So here's my list. At the end of the year, I'll come back to this list and see how I did:

1. Eat a fruit or vegetable with every meal. Ideally, actually get 5 servings of fruit/veg per day. This will be especially hard at breakfast for me.

2. Fit into the pink dress I bought a couple years ago and LOVE but have never worn.

3. Try to be less cluttered.

4. Let people finish sentences without interrupting. I'm REALLY bad about this, partially because my mind tends to move a zillion miles an hour.

5. Eat fried food no more than twice a month. I would say never, but that's just not realistic. So I'm going to try to limit it.

6. Blog at least once a week, if not more.

7. Write more songs. Maybe even record one or two of them.

8. Get rid of the clothes that I haven't worn or fit into in years but haven't wanted to get rid of because of sentimental reasons.

9. Read one book per month.

10. Finish my master's degree.

We'll see how it all goes.  I know I can do all of these things, I just have to keep myself focused and make myself do it. Wish me luck, and happy 2012 everyone!

No comments: