sub header

These words are my diary screaming out loud

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tis the Season...

... for the Arthritis Walk!

We've all heard of arthritis, probably because one of our parents or grandparents or older relatives or friends has it. What most of us don't know is that there are 100 forms of arthritis, or that nearly 300,000 children live with arthritis pain every day. It's the most common cause of disability and sometimes it's even deadly.

For the past several years, my family has participated in the Arthritis Walk in honor of my younger sister Emily. She's 20 years old now, but she was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis just before her 3rd birthday. She's been lucky in that medicine has been good to her - she pole vaulted in high school, is a sophomore in college studying nursing, and is active in her sorority. Many are not so lucky, and the Arthritis Walk is one of, if not the, biggest fundraisers each year to improve research and care for people like Emily.

I'm asking you to help make arthritis unacceptable by making a donation to support the 2012 Arthritis Walk. With every donation, you are helping make a difference in research, community outreach, education, and life-improving programs.

If you can spare a few dollars, I'd really appreciate your donation. This is a cause that couldn't be closer to me and my family, and I'm proud to be able to do something, even if it's something small, to help other children get the opportunities that Emily has had to live a normal, fulfilling life. Please click here to donate. Thank you!

No comments: