sub header

These words are my diary screaming out loud

Thursday, March 28, 2013

86/365 (3/27)

I'm not big on changing my facebook picture for a cause - I like my own pictures, dammit. But I think this is important enough to be shared here.
No matter what your political and religious beliefs may be, and no, I don't want to hear them, love is love is love, and 2 people who love each other and are willing to make a lifetime commitment to each other should receive the same benefits whether they're hetero or homosexual. The 84 year old woman whose lawsuit was the one before the Supreme Court with regards to DOMA, was married for 44 years to her wife when the wife passed away, and had to pay a $336,000 federal estate tax for inheriting her wife's estate. Had her wife been her husband, that tax bill would not have existed.

All other "issues" with gay marriage aside, that is inexcusable. That marriage lasted longer than most hetero marriages.

No comments: