sub header

These words are my diary screaming out loud

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

And there we have it.

See ya later 2013, don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out. I mean, you weren't all bad - I did get married this year, after all. So that's AWESOME. I got promoted, which was cool. And the Rock Boat is always an absolutely fantastic vacation, no changes there.

There was also some drama, mostly from folks who need things to always be about them. Unfortunately, sometimes the only way to handle those people is to just remove them from your life. But that doesn't make it hurt any less, or make the actions any less angering. So there were a few less people on the Christmas card list this year (theoretically, because we didn't really do that well on Christmas cards this year), and while we're still feeling the effects of why, we'll be OK.

There was plenty more that is just plain forgettable about 2013. As in, I'm sure there was other cool and not so cool stuff that happened this year, I just can't really think of it off of the top of my head. The wedding automatically takes this year into the better category, but take that out of the picture and 2013 was really just a resounding meh.

The past few years I've posted my goals for the New Year and how I did the year before. This year, I'm not. Because really, my main goal for 2014 is to live in the present, and leave the past where it belongs. Well, most of the time at least - saying that's the plan for 100% of the time is just not realistic. But most of the time. Much more doable.

So here's to a better-than-meh 2014, one in which the past does not govern us and the dramatics do not overtake our lives or govern our emotions. Here's to trying new things, meeting new people, going new places, and improving our lives instead of dwelling on things that happened before and cannot be changed. Here's to controlling our reactions to people, not letting their actions control us. Here's to a year of life, love, good music, good friends, and maybe even a change or two.

No comments: