sub header

These words are my diary screaming out loud

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Kelly Clarkson and I should be friends.

I read an article this morning (OK, maybe not really an article, it was in People) about Kelly Clarkson and how she's enjoying her new role as soon-to-be-stepmom to her fiance's two kids. A little further down, she was talking about her wedding planning, and I had one of those moments where I just say PHEW! I'm not alone!!
The Stronger singer has long made it clear she will be a laid-back bride, and it appears she's becoming increasingly blasé as the wedding draws near.

"I'm so over it. It's so overwhelming," she admitted to Seacrest. "We're just doing a lot: touring and the wedding and the Christmas album [out Oct. 29], so I'm over the wedding part."
Now granted, I don't have a tour coming up or a Christmas album about to drop, but this is EXACTLY how I feel about wedding planning. I'm a pretty laid back bride (in the words of one of my bridesmaids, "Rebecca, you could NEVER be a bridezilla"), and it looks like Kelly's wedding is only a couple weeks after mine. And she's probably also paid someone gobs of money to do most of the planning, whereas I'm doing most of mine myself.

But either way, I pretty much wish with all my heart that I had enough money to pay someone else to do the rest of this for me. There's not THAT much left to do, but I'm over the wedding planning and just ready for the wedding to be here already! I keep thinking I'm forgetting things, and having trouble making some of the final little detail decisions. Half of those final details are honestly things I could care less about, but that other people care about. You know, table decorations, etc.

And one of the biggest things I still have left to finish up is my playlist. I've got a pretty solid start, and my little sister is helping me out, but I would love some suggestions. Just for the party section - I think we've got the special stuff just about covered. Help me out a little here!

52 days to go...

No comments: