sub header

These words are my diary screaming out loud

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Colorado is Beautiful

I've been to Colorado twice before. The first time doesn't really count - I had a long layover in Denver when I flew out to Salt Lake City when my niece was born. The second time was a 36 hour visit for a 1 day meeting. This time, I'm here for 3 full days, and I'm staying a little closer to the mountains. I am absolutely floored by how beautiful it is here. I've never spent a lot of time in the mountains - that trip to SLC was the first time I'd seen the Rockies other than from an airplane on the way to California.

I've taken a couple of pictures out my hotel room window, but I think this afternoon I'm going to brave the cold with my coworker who's lived here several times over her Air Force career and go do a little sightseeing. For now, though, here's a view of Pike's Peak from the window:

No comments: