sub header

These words are my diary screaming out loud

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What a feeling!

I just paid off my car, and damn does it feel good. For the first time in 8 years, I don't have a car payment.

This brings me one step closer on my quest towards debt freedom. Which will take forever at this rate. But at least I can use that old car money to help rebuild some of the savings I depleted over the last few years. It is FAR easier to get into debt than it is to get out of it!!

I'm all about getting some ideas from fokls for helping me do it faster. All things considered, I don't REALLY have that much - a bit more credit card debt than I care for, and a mortgage. But that's it. I wish I had the discipline to do one of those financial fasts, where you spend no money at all for a set period of time except on what's absolutely necessary (groceries, rent, bills, etc) - no eating out, no shows, no shopping, nothing non-essential. Yeah right. I'd be bored to tears.

What are some of the ways you help keep yourself financially in control? I need all the pointers I can get!

No comments: