sub header

These words are my diary screaming out loud

Friday, January 28, 2005

Sometimes, violence really IS the answer

I put up with a lot for my job. I spend most days dealing with slightly below-caliber personnel who do all kinds of stupid things. I know who needs a little extra supervision, and I can tell, usually fairly soon, who is going to be alright. What I can't deal with, however, is people above me who seem to have no understanding whatsoever of the fact that the people who work below them are not perfect. That sometimes things are going to slip up a little, that every once in a while they may get a product that is not what they expected. Not that that makes it OK of course, but its a reality thing... it happens. I know that all of the superiors were in the position once of being a subordinate to someone at their current level, in some way or another, but sometimes, it seems as though they have forgotten that part of their life. Ive seen a few that are great about remembering, and a few that perhaps are a little too good at it, but in the last year or so I have seen so many that have absolutely no idea. It manifests itself in so many ways, from the way a person talks to people, to the way they talk about people, to the expressions on their faces when people are around. I hope I never turn into one of those people who forgets what its like to be at the bottom. If I do, someone please kick me in the head and bring me to my senses.

No comments: