sub header

These words are my diary screaming out loud

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Attempt to get off the ship early: failed.

So yeah. That job in Texas? Taken. Found out this morning. They just hadn't updated their system. Oh well. The good news, though, is that there are several other jobs that will be opening up in November, which is close enough to when I was supposed to roll anyways, so I will be looking into possibly getting one of those. They would mostly put me at Ingleside instead of NAS, but thats alright. I could still live in Corpus (because I REFUSE to live in Portland) and just do the drive. It can't be worse than the drive here... So Im not totally out of luck yet.

In other news, I moved in with my new roommate on the ship today. Ive been spoiled, and this is going to be slightly different, but I think I can handle it. I have a bigger bed, a bigger TV, and someone to talk to should I desire to talk to her, but I also lose out on my own computer and some privacy and have to deal with department head BS, like that stupid Bone Phone. And the fact that she's the engineer so stuff at all hours... it could be interesting underway, but you know Ill keep yall posted...

No comments: