sub header

These words are my diary screaming out loud

Friday, January 06, 2006

And Im not so glad to be back...

Aaah, vacation. It was wonderful. I finally got to meet Amber and Kathy, and I love them. I got to see my family that I had not seen in almost 7 years. I got to be a part of my grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary, a feat not many couples are able to accomplish these days. I got to see friends from high school that I had not seen in almost 8 years, and make some new ones along the way. I remembered things about my town that I had forgotten, like how everyone in Corpus knows everyone else, and they almost all know at least one member of my family. Or how many people down there have never left Texas except to go to Mexico, and that doesn't count. Or the Delta tire guy, Wings 'n' More, Jason's Deli... I could go on and on. I'm not sure I'm ready to move back there, but I definitely need to never wait that long to go visit again.

But now, back to reality... I got back to work this morning, and feel like jumping overboard. I really enjoyed my 10 days as a quasi civilian, and really did not want to come back here. Then last night at the bar there was this Commander, still in khakis, who was the epitomy of why I dont want to stay in- 43 years old, single, never been married, lives with her mom, and looks like she's stuck in about 1987 haircut and makeup wise. Basically her entire life has been the Navy, and she's never made room for anything else. I dont want that. And she wasn't even a SWO.

But hey, how about them Longhorns?

No comments: