sub header

These words are my diary screaming out loud

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

A bit of reflection, and a little bit of rambling.

I'm slightly bored, so I was going through and reading some of my old posts, from when I first started this blog over a year ago, and I came across this one. I read it and it kinda made me sad, because I really was excited to leave last ship and come here, and start anew and hopefully have a great experience and leave the terrors of Cedric behind.

Now, 10 months or so later, I'm back to the negative. I don't enjoy myself, I dont like my job. (Well, I like the ORDO part, but I dont like the SWO part.) The only positive is the people I work with- we're all in this together, and we all share that attitude, so we help each other get through. As alone as I physically am (no roommate, no female peers), I'm never alone in things sucking around here. Kinda sad how comforting it can be. But even more sad to go back and read what I wrote the day I transferred and realize that its not what I hoped it would be. So now I find myself counting down to when I can get out of the Navy. Not down to days yet, but months anyways, and figuring out when, since I'll take shore orders, Ill actually be released from obligation. And I even have been thinking about what to do next- I refuse to be that guy with no plan when I get out, and even if Mom and Dad would let me live with them again, I wouldn't want to. Ive gotten to used to being on my own.

OK, thats enough of this ramble. I need to get my work done so I can get out of here at a decent hour today...

No comments: