sub header

These words are my diary screaming out loud

Monday, December 26, 2005

So this is Christmas...

Christmas was great. I was so glad to be able to go home and spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with the family. The whole family was there, except for my brother David who is at bootcamp right now, and my sister and brother in law came out from Utah. It was the first time I had seen them since they got married, but they got me a fondue pot, which is AWESOME, so Im excited to try that out. The day started with getting pounced on by Emily and Sophie at 630, which would have been OK had I slept well, but I didnt. But thats OK- its once a year, I can live with it. I drove back after dinner last night because Im on duty today, which is not fun, but its OK because tomorrow leave starts....

And Im headed to Texas. Im really excited to go- I get to go visit Amber, and hopefully see Kathy and Jen and Susan. I get to see family I havent seen in a while, and friends I havent seen in as long as 6 1/2 years, since the last time I went down to Corpus. And I get to eat Whataburger and Moody's, and any good Mexican food I can think of. And its warm. Not that its been cold up here, but its supposed to be 70 the whole time Im down there. And, most importantly, I dont have to be on this ship for 9 whole days. That, I think, is the kicker. I need the vacation...

I hope everyone had a great Christmas, see you in 2006!

No comments: