sub header

These words are my diary screaming out loud

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Heat Is On

Go figure, just a few months after the most snowfall in the history of DC, its ridiculously hot. Doesn't it always work out this way? High yesterday was 91, and it was supposed to be the coolest day this week. Amazing.

There just has not been much going on in my world lately, just a bunch of little things. Nothing worthy of a big long blog post, so instead of a bunch of little ones, they're all together.

This weekend I got to make a trip down to Suffolk, VA for my good friend from USNA's Freedom Party. Divorce from d-bag is final, and we had a pinata complete with his face to celebrate the occasion. I hadn't seen her in quite a while, and it was great to catch up. And not only did I get to see her, I got to see her partner in crime in about 98% of my plebe year corruption. (It's OK, they freely admit it, and are proud of it even!) Seriously, though, it was fantastic to see both of them, and the rest of the folks that came out for her. I miss that crowd!!

This whole GEN McChrystal thing is a big old mess. 3rd law of the Navy, anyone? Take heed what you say of your seniors, be your words spoken softly or plain, lest a bird of the air tell the matter, and so shall ye hear it again. It was drilled into us Plebe year at USNA; I'd imagine there's something equal to it in the Army that the good GEN learned at West Point. Rule number one in the military - never talk sh*t about your seniors!! It will be interesting to see how it all plays out, and to see how much more politicized this can get. Its already pretty bad, as anything is these days when it involves talking about President Obama.

9 days and a wake up until I see Matt!! Hooray for finally getting him moved up here! I seriously cannot wait to have him back in the same place with me. Its been really difficult doing the long distance thing. Its lasted longer than either of us wanted it to, and I'm glad its finally over.

No comments: