sub header

These words are my diary screaming out loud

Monday, April 11, 2011

30 day challenge, Day 5

Day 5-Your siblings

I already mentioned that I'm the oldest of six kids. Out of respect for their privacy, I won't put anything in here that isn't on facebook :)  Seriously though, I'll keep it simple.

Next after me is a sister who is a little under 18 months younger. She's married to an Air Force officer, and they have a beautiful nearly-four-year-old daughter.

Then come the boys, one almost 4 years younger than me, the other 6 1/2 years younger. Both are married, and both are enslisted in the Navy. They're both nuclear-trained Machinst Mates. One is finishing up instructor duty at nuclear power school, and the other is on a submarine in Hawaii.

I've mentioned my two younger sisters before on this blog. One is a little more than 11 years younger, the youngest a little more than 14. There is no better form of birth control on the planet for a teenager than for there to already be a baby in the house. I was NOT trying to have one of my own!!  They're both amazing young women, extremely smart and funny and witty.  Every time I see some bratty teenage girl on TV or out in public, I'm reminded of how proud I am of my sisters and of the fact that it IS in fact possible for teenage girls to be polite, productive members of society.

And there you have it - 5 siblings, 3 siblings-in-law. Holidays are never boring!

No comments: