sub header

These words are my diary screaming out loud

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Laziness is next to godliness... wait, thats not right...

I really do not want to unload my truck. I have been here for almost 48 hours now, and about half of my stuff, actually more than that I think, is still in there. I have brought in the essentials (toilet kit, some clothes, coffee pot, George Foreman grill) but now its raining, and its cold outside, and I dont live near the elevator OR the stairs... oh wow, that sounded really whiny. Anyways, this is the part where I love Navy movers. They come in, pack your stuff, take it away, and then it magically appears where you move to. Except in this case I'm living in a BOQ for the next few months and my stuff is in storage and won't magically appear until I have a house again in Norfolk. So for now its up to me to get off my lazy rear and actually unload. Eventually...

The drive up was actually pretty good. I got a chance to stop off in Boston and visit an old friend of mine. April and I have known each other since 7th grade and been real good friends since 8th or 9th, I cant really remember. I had not seen her since our senior year in college when I went down to UVA and visited her, so it was awesome to see her and meet some new people, and hopefully over the course of the next few months Ill be able to go down there and see her some more.

Time to go think of something to do to keep me from unloading. Or doing laundry for that matter. Maybe Ill go for a drive, start learning my surroundings...

No comments: