sub header

These words are my diary screaming out loud

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Horace, Im Coming Home!

As we get closer to pulling into homeport for the first time, there's a lot of chatter going on about missing wives and husbands and kids and girlfriends and boyfriends... you know, the norm. Well, I have none of the above, so I miss my truck. That's Horace, for those of you who didnt know. Yes, my truck has a name, and no I did not name him, but I cant well change it once its given, even if I dont like the guy who named him anymore... but thats another story.

So yes, I miss my truck. And my couches. And having a life. In that order, I think. I miss driving around with the radio turned up. I dont so much miss gas prices, although I dont really know what they are right now. But I do miss not having to wait for a ride, or depend on someone else to get me somewhere. Even though its only been a little over a month without him, it feels longer.

I miss my couches. Theres nothing I want more right now than to stretch out on my couch in front of the TV and just veg. Mostly because that would mean I would have my feet up.

The having a life thing has been previously discussed. I dont think I need to get into that again. Im looking forward to catching up with my family and friends in Virginia- its been far too long.

48 more hours... but for now, I have a chance to get some sleep, so Im taking it!

1 comment:

MollyJ said...

Well, as I said earlier on the phone, tell the Va Beach crew I say hello (Kevin, Randy, etc.), and give Horace a hug for me. Can't wait to see you next weekend!