sub header

These words are my diary screaming out loud

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Ive had a revelation.

I am too nice. This is the conclusion I have come to. I give people second and third and twentieth chances, and nine times out of ten, they come back and walk all over me again. And I let them. I mean, look how long it took me to finally cut ties with Joe. But I am making my New Year's resolution a little early this year. (Maybe it can be a New Fiscal Year's resolution? OK, I know, Im a dork.) Anyways, I have decided that from here on out, I am no longer going to let people step all over me. I might give you the benefit of the doubt once, but after that... no more.

Where is all this coming from, you might ask? Well, part of it is from the events that took place yesterday with a friend who ditched. That was just part of my not so great day yesterday (other than potentially finding a house, but Ill come back to that), and last night as I was kinda filling my friend AC in on my bad day (he asked... I warned him...) we started talking about the idea that we have to be confident and not be afraid to lose "friends." He said people make their own decisions, and if their decision is to screw me over, then I dont need them anyway. And I realized, he is absolutely right. I dont know how good Im going to be at it, especially at first, but this wierd aversity I have always had to making people mad/people being mad at me needs to go away.

So I ask you, my friends that read this, to please kick me in the head if you see me start reverting back to the old ways. I would greatly appreciate it.

Now, returning to the house thing... I put in an offer on a great place last night. I dont want to share too many details until I know whether or not its been accepted, but please cross your fingers, cuz Im gonna be hard pressed to find a better place in my price range...

No comments: