sub header

These words are my diary screaming out loud

Saturday, December 11, 2010

#Reverb10 December 11th

The Prompt: 11 Things. What are 11 things your life doesn't need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? 

1. That 20+ pounds I gained back. I'm going to go about getting rid of it by continuing to monitor what I eat, and keep working towards at least 3 days a week in the gym. When I get rid of it, I'll be able to wear all of my clothes again, and I won't feel so fat.
2. Financial stress. I've already been working on eliminating it, and I'm just gonna keep going. Keeping the job will be the primary on this - I haven't had a full calendar year of employment since 2007, so 2011 is it! I think its pretty obvious how getting rid of it will change my life.
3. "Friend" drama. I'm going to keep on with the concept of just deleting people from my life if all they do is cause me drama. I've been doing that lately, and its done good things for me.
4. Fast food. I've been working on it. But I don't need it. Ever. No matter how good it sounds at the time. Even if it's McDonald's breakfast. Not gonna happen if it comes from a place with a drive-thru, heat lamps, or any other place that doesn't make it for you immediately upon ordering. And it will help with the whole change thing in number 1. 2011 needs to be my very first fast-food free year. Let's do it. Who's in? (of course, this does mean that I'll be hitting Whataburger before New Years....)
5. The Rock Boat. As much as my life wants it in 2011, I'm not going, and it's OK. I don't need it. I will survive. I may have some withdrawals, but so does every addiction. And my credit card bills will be all the better for it.
6. Foods that I don't really like, but will eat anyway just because they're there. Why do I do this? Why do I munch on things that I don't even like? There is zero logical explanation for this. So I'm going to try to stop. My stomach will thank me, both in size and in stability (many of those things wreak havoc on my poor tummy), and it will help, again, with number 1.
7. Cheap wine. I can afford to pay $10 or more for a bottle of wine. No more $5.99 Barefoot or $3.99 Lost Vineyards. (Hey, at least it wasn't Boone's Farm.) Who needs it? I drink wine for the enjoyment. There's no point in the cheap stuff.
8.  Sarah Palin. Need I say more? Probably not, but I will anyways. All she does is make the Republican party look bad, and she absolutely does NOT speak for the entire Republican party. I wish she would just go away - she's too polarizing.
9. One-sided friendships. This is, in fact, different than number 3. These people may not cause much drama at all. They're usually the people that I go out of my way to call, talk to, hang out, whatever, but they never reciprocate. It feels like I'm the one doing all the work. No more, please. I'd rather have fewer people in my life who care, thank you very much.
10. Stupid people. This is a wish list thing, though. Likely not gonna happen. But I'd be so much happier if I didn't have to deal with stupid people.
11. Debt.  This is different than financial stress. I don't want to accrue any more debt this year. I will pay my car off this year and not buy a new one. I will take a large chunk out of my credit cards. And, hopefully, I will sell my house to the guy that's been living in it for the past 3 years and get rid of my mortgage. The goal this year is for net amounts of debt to go down. That will give me more discretionary funds, able to save a bit more, and enjoy my income!

Phew! That was great. Now I just need to keep reminding myself of this list... after I watch some football!


GO NAVY! BEAT ARMY!!

No comments: