sub header

These words are my diary screaming out loud

Sunday, December 19, 2010

#Reverb10 December 19th

The Prompt: Healing. What healed you this year? Was it sudden, or a drip-by-drip evolution? How would you like to be healed in 2011?

Oh hey, there's that theme again :)

My healing this year has been in 2 parts. First of all, getting the job up here and being able to live my life again. I'm not stressing about paying my bills (although I've held onto my OCD money tracking ways, but that's not a bad thing), and I'm able to go out and enjoy myself, and I'm slowly but surely paying down the credit cards.  This part was pretty sudden - within 2 months of getting that first paycheck, things were back on track, and they've just gotten better and better ever since - I'm like a new person :)

Part 2 was when Matt finally moved up here with me. Our relationship went through some tough times at the end of last year and the beginning of this year, to the point where I wasn't sure we were going to make it. But he came up, and we've healed those wounds, and we're growing stronger all the time. This part went a little slower, but that's OK - I think that's how its supposed to be.

I'm feeling pretty good about going out of 2011 - I feel like my life is in a good place, and I'm happier than I've been in a long time. The things I'd like to be healed from are my laziness, and my fatness!  I lost a ton of weight a few years ago, and I gained all of it plus some back when I was unemployed and stressed and depressed. I've gotten rid of the plus some, and I now I'd like to be healed from the rest, please!

No comments: