sub header

These words are my diary screaming out loud

Friday, December 17, 2010

#Reverb10 December 17th

The Prompt: Lesson learned. What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward?

This is taking me back to the same theme I mentioned on the 5th - the whole life change thing that happened this year, being unemployed and deciding to make the move back to DC and the anxiety of not being sure if Matt was really going to come with me. Because the best thing I learned about myself this past year was that I can make it through things WAY harder than I thought. I thought the hardest things I had ever been through were Plebe Summer, and the Naval Academy, and a couple of choice spots during my time in the Navy. Boy, was I wrong. Nothing is really all that bad when you have a paycheck, and can pay your bills, and can live your life. I learned a HUGE lesson in appreciation as well, and not sweating the small stuff. And I learned how to manage my money a little better and get back on track quicker. And I learned that I AM worth it!!

But yeah, the main point was that I learned, yet again, that I can deal with far harder things in my life than I thought I could. But its a lesson I'd like to stop learning please.

No comments: