sub header

These words are my diary screaming out loud

Thursday, December 16, 2010

#Reverb10 December 16th

The Prompt: Friendship. How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual, or a sudden burst?

My best friend is my best friend because she changes my perspective on things every day. One of the reasons we get along so well is that we are able to debate anything, even if we ultimately think the same thing, because of the fact that we are able to make each other think about things in a different way.  Its been a consistent part of our friendship since the very beginning - I often refer to her as my conscience because I can run anything by her, and even when I know exactly what she's going to say, she gets my head straight. She has no problem telling me that I'm being stupid, or offering me an alternative thought process or action.  As I made the decision to move back up to DC late last year, and then as I did it, and dealt with the uncertainty of my relationship, and whether or not Matt would make the move, and everything involved with all of the above, she has been there for me through it all. 

Over the years that we've been friends, she's been one of the only people willing to tell me what I might not have wanted to hear. Well, besides my mother, of course, but its not the same hearing it from someone that's not your mother. We all know this. But I love her for it.

No comments: