sub header

These words are my diary screaming out loud

Friday, December 10, 2010

#Reverb10 December 9th

Well, I started this yesterday, and the day just got away with me! So here it is...

The Prompt: Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans.
I wish I could say that the answer is Rock Boat X, but unfortunately I just can't do it. Any of the past 3 years it would have been the winner hands down, so I have to give it a good should out, but this year... not so much.

This year, however, I think the winner is our friends Anna and Ryan's wedding weekend extravaganza in Atlanta.  It started on Friday with a rehearsal dinner at this great little Cuban place near their house - its actually where he proposed to her. We had the entire inside of the place, which was probably a good thing if only because we weren't exactly a quiet, subdued crowd. I'm pretty sure our table of 10, which included just about everyone we were close to in Atlanta, and were seeing for the first time since the move, managed to consume approximately 8 pitchers of mojitos. And at least 2 people at our table were not drinking mojitos. We all piled back on to the bus back to the hotel, with several of the guys carrying those final glasses of mojito with them, where the bridal suite was stocked up with drinks and snacks and the party continued, for some, until almost morning.  Which worked out really well for the groomsmen, especially my boyfriend, who had not yet picked up his tux and had picture call at 2 :)

The actual wedding day started with some quality time with Matt's mom and sister - a little shopping, some lunch, and hanging out.  Once Matt had to report for his groomsmenly duties, I headed down and hung out with some of his (now our, I guess) other friends who were not in the wedding and watched the Florida State football game until time for the wedding. I finally met one of the girls that I'd been hearing about forever but hadn't met yet, and got to hang out with a few others that I just hadn't seen in a while. The wedding itself was really nice, and as soon as it was over, the party picked right back up where it had left off the night before. Ryan's 6 year old cousin had taken a liking to several of the girls, and she had us dancing (yes, even me!) and taking pictures in the photo booth and having a grand old time. Add on to that that there was an open bar, and we were all taking full advantage of it, and the DJ was among the better wedding DJs I've experienced recently, and it was a fantastic time. Oh, and the food was great too, except for the asparaguts. Eew. But yay for filet! As it had the night before, when the official party was over, the bridal suite saved the night and carried it on. Once again, most of us having switched from fancy wedding clothes to PJs or other comfy clothes, we partied to our little hearts' content.

All in all, the weekend was a blast. Hanging out with friends that I hadn't seen since the move, in a posh hotel just a couple blocks from my old office where they didn't pay me enough to even afford thinking about it, and truly enjoying myself. What more could you ask for??

No comments: