sub header

These words are my diary screaming out loud

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

#Reverb10 December 14th

The Prompt: Appreciate. What's the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it?

Having a job!!  Seriously, after having spent portions of each of the last 3 calendar years unemployed, I am appreciating more and more the fact that I have a solid, stable job that pays my bills. This was made totally clear for me earlier this year when my Agency was switching pay scales within DoD from the NSPS system back to GS.  There are several of us in my office on the same position description, which meant we'd be converted to the same grade. I knew it was going to be one of two, and while I was hoping for the higher, of course, I wasn't super concerned. One of the other guys was, though - he was seriously in a bad place thinking we'd end up in the lower grade and it wasn't making him happy. It really made me stop and think about thankful and appreciative I am to have a job at all.
Luckily, we came out in the higher grade, thanks to lots of work by my leadership. So I show my gratitude for all of it by doing by job to the best of my ability. That's all I can really do, right?

No comments: